Los Angeles - Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, Founder and President of BOND, the Brotherhood Organization of A New Destiny, today restated the 10 reasons why he and his organization are continuing with their nationwide boycott of the NAACP. Rev. Peterson also blasted NAACP leaders Julian Bond and Kweisi Mfume for what he called "hate speech" delivered last Sunday at the group's 94th annual convention in Miami Beach, Fla.NAACP Chairman Julian Bond said in his speech that Republicans appeal, "to the dark underside of American culture, to that minority of Americans who reject democracy and equality." Bond also said, "They [Republicans] preach racial neutrality and practice racial division.." ".Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and Confederate swastika flying side by side."Rev. Peterson said, "The NAACP is nothing more a than a tool of the liberal elite socialist wing of the Democratic Party.
If a white person had said the same vicious things to black elected officials that Julian Bond said about Republicans it would be considered 'hate speech'.""Bond and Mfume represent a vocal and angry group of blacks who hate America. They don't speak for a majority of blacks. It's obvious that Julian Bond is a racist."
Rev. Peterson listed the following reasons why he says the NAACP is obsolete:
1. The NAACP Has Sold Out Its Original Intent: "Where the organization once sought to give black Americans a helping hand, today the NAACP is squandering their mantle of leadership through petty, partisan and even racist activities and speech."
2. Absent Fathers: "The suicide rate for young black males aged ten to nineteen increased by 114% since 1980. Where are black fathers, and where is the NAACP?"
3. Out of Wedlock Births: "Over 70% of black babies are born out of wedlock, compared to 26% of white babies. Where is the outcry from the NAACP?"
4. Abortion: "Black women are three times more likely than white women to have an abortion. There are 1,452 black children aborted every day. What is the NAACP doing about this?"
5. Education: "Forty four percent of black Americans over the age of fourteen cannot read. Sixty percent of black fourth graders cannot do basic mathematics. Calling the NAACP!"
6. Crime: "Murder is the leading cause of death for black men between the age of fifteen and thirty four, and 90% of these murders are committed by other blacks. Where is the NAACP?"
7. Illegal Immigration: "Has exploded in the United States in recent years, pushing blacks out of their neighborhoods, schools, and jobs. The NAACP refuses to take action against this."
8. Voting Rights for Violent Offenders: "The NAACP is in favor of restoring voting 'rights' for millions of murderers, rapists, and other violent criminals!"
9. Dangerous Alliances: "The NAACP consistently aligns itself with political parties and politicians who work against the best interests of the black community."
10. Guns and Blacks: "The NAACP has filed a class-action lawsuit against gun manufacturers, in effect blaming them for black on black crime, but statistics show guns don't kill black people, other blacks do."