Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wayne County Republicans Are A Force To Be Recognized


Last night I was attending the meet the candidate networker sponsored by the Michigan Republicans Wayne County Outreach Committee. I thought the event was outstanding for several reasons.

For instance, I always feel welcomed at these Republican events. I go to Democratic events and there are people begging for my help but never getting to know me.

The other thing I noticed was the amount of young people in the room. I go to Democratic events and I noticed the number of old people in the room. For example, Torion Bridges is only 19 years old and he is running for Wayne County Commissioner as a Republican. What Democrat do you know is this young and running for office in Detroit? Not to mention that he had a young crowd with him. Another young brother running for Wayne County Executive is Ramon J. Patrick. He is only 37 years old. I was totally impressed with him and his support staff. He will get my vote in August and November.

Chad Miles is running for Congress in the 14th District. He is beginning to make headway and people are beginning to warm up to him. Another young man with vision and determination, he would bring integrity and accountability to the district.

The room was filled with young people. I have been to numerous Democratic functions and outside of the young Dems functions you hardly ever see young people in a room. Even when I went to hear Granholm and DeVos speak on stage together at the Freedom Institute's Town Hall Meeting in March I noticed the Granholm crowd had the following: Old Democrats or young people who are supporting the Governor because they did not take the time to read DeVos's platforom and have no working knowledge of the Republican party in general.

Keith Butler was present and, as usual, opened people's eyes on why he is running. He made his point of stating that he is not a career politician and he will not be bought out to special interest groups. He has a clear cut agenda that is going to shake the political landscape in Washington D.C.

Yvette Robinson, the Detroit Regional Director of the DeVos for Governor, was present to rally up the troops for door-to-door efforts here in Detroit. Many people feel that Yvette is a token for DeVos and the Michigan Republicans, however, this is far from ANY truth. I doubt someone who was raised in Pontiac and LIVES in Highland Park is a token.




I cannot forget to mention the two sisters who are born to lead:Carmen Hodge and Abike Martins. These sisters are the reason that any brothers would flock over to the Republican side of the aisle!!!!!

Carmen is the Ethnic Coalitions Director at the Michigan Republican Party and Abike is the Regional Coordinator for the Michigan Association of Public School Academies (MAPSA). Both sisters are needed in a time where there is a lack of morale and integrity in our community. If anyone can demonstrate morals, values and a sense of God it's these two women.

There is one thing we all agreed at this event....getting rid of Granholm. If bums off the street are voting for DeVos then I don't think Dick will have a problem getting rid of Jennifer in November.

No comments: