Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Justice Clarence Thomas Is Not That Bad by Akindele Akinyemi


Clarence Thomas is not all that bad. After researching his biography and ACTUALLY SITTING down and reading some of his quotes I now have a different perspective on Justice Thomas. It feels great to separate yourself from the liberal perspective of how they falsely judge people.

I have mentioned this before in defense of African American Studies. If we are going to teach African American Studies where is the balance in this discipline? They are teaching this discipline with a liberal slant.

Here are some quotes from Justice Clarence Thomas.

"I think segregation is bad, I think it's wrong, it's immoral. I'd fight against it with every breath in my body, but you don't need to sit next to a white person to learn how to read and write. The NAACP needs to say that."

"And whites... I'd have to say there is still racism in our society and there are still attitudes based on race."

"But I was also partial to the Black Muslims, primarily because of their belief in self-help."

"But what I believe is that if a person's individual rights or right to be a part of our economic system is violated under statute, we aggressively go after it. But we don't issue mandates to businesses that you've got to do this and you've got to do that."

"Even as someone who's labeled a conservative - I'm a Republican I'm black, I'm heading up this organization in the Reagan administration - I can say that conservatives don't exactly break their necks to tell blacks that they're welcome."

"Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot."

"I do think that our freedoms are at risk."

"I have been angry enough in my life, and there are some points where I'm sure my attitudes approached black nationalism."

"I have seen the devastating impact of the denial of economic opportunities to certain groups, including my race."

"I think Juan (Williams) stopped short - he got halfway to the destination and got off the train. He is certainly an excellent writer and a good person, but I'm not a nationalist."

"I went on my merry way, challenging all sorts of things but not really aligning myself with anybody or any idea."

"My grandfather was very active: he put his property up to bail the protesters out."

"It really bugs me that someone will tell me, after I spent 20 years being educated, how I'm supposed to think."

"The thing that bothered me when I was in college was that I saw myself rejecting the way of life that got me to where I was."

"When you look at where the real problems are among minorities in our society, particularly blacks, it's at the bottom. It's the people who are in school systems that don't educate, neighborhoods where there is a lot of crime, drugs, the whole bit."

"When you prevent somebody from participating in our free society and the economics of our free society, I have some real problems."

"I've been very partial to Malcolm X, particularly his self-help teachings."

When are we going to stop attacking hard working Black men and women who have made a conscious decision to get off the plantation?

8 comments:

FreeMan said...

Clarence Thomas is Traitor to the Afrikan Race - unqualified at the time of his appointment by Bush I to become a federal judge - Claims that he did it all on his own "Self Help" but in reality got into Yale Law School because of Affirmative Action
Claims no one helped him him without the Democratic Controlled US Supreme Court - he couldn't live in Racist Virginia with his White European-American wife - 1967 Decision outlawing interracial marriage cohabitation
While on US Supreme Court bench engaged in Extreme Anti-Afrikan Rulings

akindele akinyemi said...

and what extreme rulings are you talking about?

people fear clarence thomas because of fear and mass hysteria.

this man is far from being a sellout.

FreeMan said...

Traitor to the Afrikan race Clarence Thomas who personally benefitted from Affirmative Action ruled the University of Michigan Affirmative Action policy was illegal - Ruled that Written & Enforced policies by Prosecutors that excludes all Afrikans from juries was legal - Ruled that an Afrikan's unjustified beating by guards was legal - Extreme Anti-Afrikan Rulings

akindele akinyemi said...

so this constitutes in oyur OPINION and NOT fact that this man is a traitor?

hell if that's the case there are a whole lot of people in your nationalist circles that are traitors.

I can easily say Kwame Kenyatta is a traitor.

So is JoAnn Watson

Marie Thornton is a traitor.

I can go on and on so before you call someone a traitor who has education you should look in oyur backyard first.

Afrknsci said...

Clarence Thomas is that bad!!Clarence Thomas is a rubber stamp for conservatives regardless of the issue...I am proud of his accomplishment but he hates himself...

akindele akinyemi said...

i'm asking this..are you saying he hates himself because he denoucnes "the Black expereince" which i seriously doubt or he hates himself because you disagree with his positions?

Afrknsci said...

No he hates himself i grew up in the seaport around where he is orignally from he once said he hates the palce where he is from and the way he talks with the geechi accent he said it himself he has done nothing in savanna or sandfly georgia...

akindele akinyemi said...

why would he say that? Ok I can personally disagree with that. that's stupid.