Monday, October 16, 2006

Fear is Pitiful by Akindele Akinyemi


Fear is all around us here in Detroit.

One day after I explained why it is necessary for Detroit to vote for DeVos I have been booted from 20 listservs across the region. One listserver even called me an obstruction and Satan in the flesh. Another 40 have requested for me to remove them from this network due to "internal" differences.

Is it because we have been pulling up the skirts of the Democratic party to see what's underneath?

Is it because we know that you are tweaking the poll numbers and they do not reflect those who live in Detroit and Michigan?

Is it because we have exposed Granholm for who she is? Weak and docile?

Is it because we have exposed Mark Brewer, who is a Klansman and defended his organization the Ku Klux Klan?

Is it because since I wrote on how we need to date outside our race that most Black women who responded would like to be removed?

Fear is what you make it. If you like living in these conditions in Detroit under fear then you deserve to live in fear and paranoia. Just don't expect nothing from me.

No comments: