It is interesting that people of color would attack me for telling the truth. If the truth hurts....oh well. If you must result to name calling then I have done the right thing.
Since Black people love Gov. Granholm and her policies please take a look at this below:
School Aid Fund, Fiscal Year 2007-08
The overall budget totals $43.4 billion and includes $9.6 billion in general fund spending, $13.4 billion from the School Aid Fund, $1.1 billion forrevenue sharing payments to local units of government, $3.4 billion for transportation needs and recognizes $13.6 billion in federal revenues.
Highlights of Governor Granholm's 2007-08 School Aid Fund "fixes":
* Increasing per pupil funding for K-12 schools by $178 per pupil bringing the minimum foundation allowance to $7,286 per pupil.
* Investing $200 million to expand early childhood education for eligible four-year-olds by providing foundation allowances to districts that offer full-day preschool programs that meet State criteria.
Criteria include state approved pre-kindergarten curriculum, nutritional services,health screening services and at least 50% students from households with incomes at 250% or less of the federal poverty level.
It is not clear if charter public school would be eligible.
* Providing a total of $10 million in one-time incentive funding will be made available for those districts that consolidate business services,administrative personnel and instructional services within districts.
Penalties will be included in following year budgets for schools that do notmeet these reasonable expectations. It is not clear if charter public schools would be eligible.
* Payments to districts with declining enrollment will increase by $16 million to a total of $36 million to provide transition payments while districts downsize to serve smaller numbers of students. Over 60 percent of districts will be in need of this funding. Charters currently would NOT be eligible.
* Increasing funding for Intermediate School District operations by $2 million, or 2.5%.
Charter schools are public schools. So why is Governor Granholm trying to cut out charter schools when Black children (since people love talking about race) are the biggest recipients of charters? This is the same woman who wants to eliminate homeschooling. Yet, we re-elected her for four more years.
The reason is because Gov. Granholm does not want educational choice to compete with traditional failing public schools. Competition is the key to improving schools in Detroit and other urban areas across Michigan.
Old leadership in the community who are paid off by teacher unions will not even stand up for the implementation of alternative teacher certification requirements in the State of Michigan.
Therefore, it is time for a change.
Urban conservatives in Michigan are beginning to feel comfortable in their roles as advocates and leaders. The One Network has a three year plan. I am implementing and will be executing a plan for those who are supporters of educational choice.
1. Implementing Urban Regional Networks. Again, these are regional networks that are designed to help economics and education through family values in a certain region.
2. Training candidates to run for office. We are now training candidates to run for office through our One Detroit Network. The platform: Regionalization, Economic Development and Educational Choice. Urban Conservatives are encouraged to e-mail me at email@example.com for more information. Our goal is to run 20 candidates (Regionally) on the One Network's Educational Platform for Change. Rehearsal could include running someone for Detroit School Board. There are two candidates that we are prepared to run to win.
This includes precinct delegates. We would like to increase the number of delegates on the Republican side. 18 year old hgih school graduates and up are encouraged to sign up. Race does not matter.
3. Training potential candidates for campaign coordination/campaign management. The purpose? Enhance the visibility of the candidate supporting educational choice and regional economic development.
4. Building coalitions with family advocates and faith based groups across the State of Michigan.
5. Expanding the One Network to other outlets like Benton Harbor, MI, Nashville, TN, Memphis, Tenn, Los Angeles, CA and Baton Rouge, LA. We never thought we could build a contemporary network and expand this fast before. Speaking of Los Angeles, I am a regular political commetator on the radio out there expounding on Conscious Conservatives. We are welcomed out there.
It's hard to keep up. Within the next month we will have Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, and Jackson on board. I am travelling the State of Michigan building bridges. Grand Rapids is on our list as well. Urban Conservatives are everywhere in this state. We have to go out and get them to stand up against what is wrong in our educational system.
These are exciting times for urban conservatives here in Detroit. While those who are stuck on race and calling me out of my name attack me for speaking the truth this network is in motion. We are very happy to see the number of young people embracing conservatism on BOTH sides of the aisle. We are gathering our parents for educational choice.
Our legislative allies in Lansing have been giving us things to think about. I have already talked to some legislators on pushing for alternative teacher certification. While we are aware of the racism we are also not allowing this to stop our efforts. If Granholm will not support educational choice Urban Conservatives will go around her. Regionalization is necessary for survival. Anyone telling you different by saying that regional politics is code for Whites taking over a Black area is lying and we have proof of this. Any Black person that supports a failing school system in Detroit and blame charters for creating a so-called segregated class is lying as well. Any grassroots person who tells you that regionalization and privatizing is the White man's answer for control of a local urban community is not telling you the truth. They are keep you oppressed. They do not want you to compete. They want to keep everything Black and while that is happening they are in a cycle of oppression. They cannot even give you one solution to helping urban communities. They have not read anything and urge you not to read anything either unless it's something oppressive.
Do not listen to these race baiters who continue to keep you oppressed. They have no answers to the problems in urban communities across the State of Michigan. They are afraid to compete.
This is racism at its highest level. We must come together as one race, the Human race. If we do not break the chains of racism we will perish.